To show how much we really appreciate all the groovers who bike to the festival, we are again offering ‘Varks Valet’, a FREE Bike Valet service dedicated to Scott “Aardvark” Penny, located at the Main Entry.
Varks Valet will open 11.30am and close 11.00pm Fri, Sat & Sun (11.30am to 9.00pm Mon 2 October)
Uncollected bikes will be locked within the festival site and returned to Varks Valet by 11.30am the following day (9.00am Tue 3 October)
There are so many advantages to riding you bike to the Caloundra Music Festival!
- Come and go as you please with no lining up for buses or taxis.
- Soak in the beauty that Caloundra has to offer by riding along our great coastal pathways.
- Reduce your carbon footprint and assist in making CMF a sustainable festival.
- Exercise! There’s no better way to start the day J
Visiting and won’t have a bike with you? No problem. There are plenty of places to hire bikes in and around Caloundra:
Why not check out our great Recycle Markets on the Sunshine Coast, grab yourself a bargain bike while supporting a local charity! So many good vibes coming your way with this sustainable AND charitable option.
The Sunshine Coast and Caloundra Music Festival value our bike riders and there are plenty of bike lanes, paths and trails available. Check out the Plan-Your-Ride guide for maps and detailed information. CMF is located within the ‘Cycle Paths – South’ map.
Please remember to cycle safely…….
You can find out more information regarding rules, symbols and safety on Sunshine Coast Council’s Cycling page.
Don’t forget your helmet, apply sunscreen and drink plenty of water. Even in spring the days can be very hot!
Tips for sharing pathways
All pathways in Queensland are shared between bikes, skateboards, scooters and pedestrians unless otherwise signed.
Simple rules to follow:
- Everyone should keep left and give way to pedestrians.
- Warn when approaching. Cyclists use a bell, skateboarders call out.
- Don’t obstruct the path.
- Stop and look before leaving the path crossing the road.
Tips for sharing roads
Be considerate of drivers when choosing to cycle two abreast. Indicate clearly and make sure you are clearly visible.
- Ride predictably.
- Use hand signals.
- Obey the road rules. Rules apply to everyone not just drivers.