Welcome to Caloundra State School 2017 CMF Camping
As our major fundraiser for 2017, Caloundra State Primary School is providing camping facilities during the Caloundra Music Festival on the lower school grounds. The four hectare site is flat, open and elevated, with excellent drainage and some beautiful shady sites, providing families an affordable accommodation option for the Caloundra Music Festival. We manage the number of campers to maintain a friendly feel.
This is the sixth time we have hosted the Caloundra Music Festival Campground. The feedback we received from the hundreds of campers in the past was overwhelmingly fantastic. This was mainly due to the wonderful campers who make the long weekend a fun, music-filled festival in the great outdoors. We hope you have a great time here this year in beautiful Caloundra. Please find below a few things that will help make your stay a pleasant one.
Full payment is required before entry to the grounds. Please read Camping Conditions of Entry prior to buying your tickets.
All queries are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT : Camping pre purchased tickets must be named.
Your hosts for the long weekend will be Derek and Jackye, who will be ably assisted by their team and various members of the Caloundra State School Parents’ and Citizen’s Association.
Our managers, or one of their staff, will be on site providing:
- A friendly, welcoming presence 24 hour per day from 3pm Thursday 28th September to 12pm Tuesday 3rd October. Please note that the campgrounds only open at 3pm Thursday;
- Reception of patrons – checking in and out;
- Assistance in the placement of patrons into their camping areas;
- A sense of safety and security; and
- Information and general campground management.
Access to the Caloundra State School grounds by the public is limited to the bottom school ovals surrounded by George, Queen and Ulm Streets ONLY. DO NOT access buildings or facilities of the school surrounded by Regent, Queen and George Streets.
Your camping pass entitles you to an unpowered 8m x 8m site and access to all relevant facilities on the bottom school ovals only. Each camping site allows space for a tent or 2 and one vehicle (Camping Areas 1, 2 & 3). Extra vehicles can be parked on the street surrounding the school ovals. Families and groups can be allocated sites together, but it is necessary to mention this when booking.
Upon arrival, park on Queen Street before entering camp site. Check in with the Camp Manager at the Information Tent to receive your information pack, site allocation, wrist band and vehicle pass. Drive to the relevant access gate and enter to move to your site and park in your site. Be aware of other campers – especially children. Speed limit is less than 10km/hr.
The camp ground facilities include modern, well maintained hot water showers & toilets, cleaned daily (near the entrance); hospitality marques with tables and chairs for use of campers for dining or relaxing (no smoking); on site management and 24hr security; perimeter lighting.
Other things to note;
- Caravans and larger motor homes will be in their own section. Entry via Ulm Street.
- Performers and festival volunteers will be in a separate area (Camping Area 3).
- Plenty of street parking if you choose not to park on the grounds or wish to use your vehicle during the day.
- Breakfast available Friday, Saturday & Sunday. 7am to 10am. Bacon and Egg Burger $5.00, Sausage in Bread $2.50. Proceeds to go to the school Chaplaincy. Coffee van will also be in attendance.
- Phone charging available – $2.00 at Manager’s Tent. Proceeds to go to the school Chaplaincy.
- Address – 56A Queen Street, Caloundra, QLD 4551
- Booking early and online is recommended to avoid disappointment Check out the map available soon.
How to get to the Caloundra Music Festival
The Music Festival provides free courtesy buses that depart regularly from the campground entrance on Queen Street and return regularly until about 11pm.
If feeling energetic, it is a short 1.2km walk to the main stage for the Music Festival. Walk up past the school in Queen Street, veer left on to Queen Street, follow the road up past the water tower and turn right at the Edmund Street roundabout and walk down the hill – you are THERE.
Other things you may want to know
- It is a short 1.5km walk to Stockland Shopping Centre which has a Coles, KMart and specialty stores for any grocery or camping needs that you may have.
- Caloundra Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre is 1km walk away (unless you cross the fields at the bottom of the school). There are various heated pools including a 50m, 25m, Indoor, rock and kids’ play pool and a skate park.
- The beaches are open and you can also walk to them from the campground. You have the choice of Kings Beach, Happy Valley and Bulcock Beach. Remember to swim between the flags at all times. Happy Valley does not host lifesavers.
Please note to avoid disappointment valuable items should not be left unattended at the campground.
2017 FINAL Camping Prices
(Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon nights)
|Family – 2 Adults, 3 Youth/Children||$353|
(Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun nights)
|Family – 2 Adults, 3 Youth/Children||$303|
(Fri, Sat & Sun nights)
|Family – 2 Adults, 3 Youth/Children||$253|
(Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun OR Mon)
|Family – 2 Adults, 3 Youth/Children||$98|