Yoga is an activity with countless benefits for children, but the main focus is to nurture a strong and healthy body and a calm and contented mind. But our kids yoga classes are not just about quieting the monkey mind! In Kids Yoga we incorporate fun games, yoga poses and elements of acrobatics. Children learn mindfulness techniques to help manage emotions, center the mind and connect to their imagination.
Yoga helps kids to:
- Learn to use the breath to calm the body and mind
- Improve strength and flexibility
- Build concentration
- Increase confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
- Deal better with stressful situations
- Build solid life values
Yoga for children goes far beyond teaching our children basic physical skills or how well we can move our bodies. It shows children that it is important to know what we are like on the inside, with all our emotions, qualities and flaws, supporting them on the path of becoming the best version of themselves.